"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely,
positively do have the power to change."

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Regaining Core Strength Through Push Ups

It is SO important to understand that QUALITY not quantity is better when it comes to your exercise program.

It doesn't matter that you can squat 50 times in a row, that is likely 50 times too many if you are not focusing on proper technique.

Activating the correct muscles during each move is crucial. Pushing yourself to lift the heavier weight that you think you just can not do is essential for not only muscle regeneration but also fat loss.

Slow and precise movements are what you want to consider when performing your Resistance Training workouts!!



So with that said....I am in need of a little help from my friends!

Here is a video of me doing push ups and I would LOVE your feedback.

How is my form and technique?

What am I doing wrong or right for that matter!



When I first started Fit Yummy Mummy in November of 2007 I remember saying to Holly that the exercises were just not challenging enough, that I wasn't "feeling" them and I was moving up in levels faster than I likely should have.

Well that has all changed!!

My workouts now and especially since my third pregnancy have become SO much more intense, SO much more powerful and SO much more mindful of WHAT I am to be doing and HOW I am to be doing them!

I am open to any and all comments and suggestions, please leave them below and I will get back to you for sure! I appreciate the support!!

I hope others will benefit from this also! We can not always watch ourselves performing an exercise, so some feedback would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment