"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely,
positively do have the power to change."

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Clean Eating....Welcome to my kitchen!



With summer in full swing now and the holidays, vacations and festivities all planned out, how are you going to keep up with and stay on track to YOUR nutrition and fat loss goals?

As we head out doors to play with our kids, take a road trip to the zoo or relax by the pool or even beach....are you prepared for the busy times ahead?

Well I am here to bring you another video showing you how I stay focused to my fat loss and nutrition goals.

This time in MY KITCHEN!!



As you can see being prepared is essential!

Here is a summary of what to remember:

~ Keep everything close by and in sight!
~ Use canisters on your counters for easy to grab healthy snacks.
~ Invest in a few useful measuring tools that are easy to handle and use.
~ A kitchen scale is your friend! It is a huge eye opener when it comes to portion sizes!
~ Wash, cut up and store ready to eat veggies and fruit in your fridge. Save on plastic baggies and use plastic/tupperware containers instead.
~ Keep your food journal close at hand, preferably beside your prep area to jot down meals and snacks as well as to make notes on future meal ideas!
~ A dry erase board is a useful tool to not only write down your grocery list on but to also plan out your weekly meals with.
~ A desktop organizer or folder is handy to keep new or current recipes in that you can switch up at any time! It's also great for coupon storage!

I hope you have come away with some new ideas from the strategies that I use!

I am more than happy and willing to share what works for me so please let me know how I can help you out!!

Feel free to leave your comments below! I look forward to your reply!

2 comments:

  1. Marloes - You are Awesome!!!

    This is really informative! I would LOVE to have a second fridge - would make things a lot easier. I always buy too much and lose it in the fridge. I think chopping up the veg is a great idea. I remember being told that it reduces the vitamin levels in the produce though. What's your thoughts on that?? I would prefer to be chopping it and being organised more.

    Looking forward to seeing more videos :)

    Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marloes...this is great! You have to put it up on ClubFYM!

    ReplyDelete